Frequently Asked Questions
Skin Disease - Causes:
- Parasitic skin disease - caused by mites, fleas, lice, chiggers, etc.
- Bacterial skin disease - probably one of the most common casues and often a secondary factor
- Fungal skin disease - ringworm
- Viral skin disease
- Skin disease due to physical factors - Sun burn, trauma, burns, self-inflicted injury, bite
- Allergic skin disease - allergic inhalant dermatitis, flea bite hypersensitivity, food allergy,
contact allergy, etc.
- Immune-mediated skin disease
- Endocrine skin disease - Hypothyroidism, Cushing's disease, ovarian imbalance, etc.
- Toxic skin disease - Drug reaction, Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome, other.
- Skin disease due to systemic disease - Hepatocutaneous syndrome, others.
- Nutritional skin disease - Zinc-responsive dermatosis, vitamin deficiency, etc.
- Genetic/Hereditary skin disease - Color-mutant alopecia, others.
- Neoplasia - skin tumors, lymphosarcoma, others.
- Miscellaneous skin disease